Larry D. McMahon, Jr.
Personal Injury, Wrongful Death Claims, Civil Litigation, Mediation
University of North Carolina, B.A., 1975; Morehead Scholar.
University of North Carolina, JD with honors, 1978.
Certified Mediator in Superior Court by the N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
Association of Trial Lawyers of America; NC Academy of Trial Lawyers - Board of Governors 1990-1998
1978 North Carolina; 1981, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit; 1981, U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
- Designated a North Carolina Super Lawyer in 2006 by Charlotte and North Carolina Super Lawyers magazines.
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum "The Top Trial Lawyers in America".
- 2010 “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Coordinating Editor of the October 2002 edition of "Trial Briefs" statewide legal journal.
- 2001 Co-Chair, NCATL Seminar "Nuts & Bolts of Dollars & Cents".
- Program Chair, NCATL Seminar Jan.2002: "Disbursement of Tort Recoveries".
- Author: "The Expert Witness and Discovery," NCATL Expert Witness Seminar, 1991.
- "Service of Process: Pre-Trial Procedure," NCATL Pre-Trial Procedure Seminar, 1989.
- "Motor Vehicle Law: Using Jury Instructions," NCATL Motor Vehicle Law Seminar, 1989.
- "Insurance Law: Dram Shop Liability," NCATL Insurance Law Seminar, 1988.
Robert K. Denton
Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law, Civil Litigation
University of North Carolina, BA 1996
Duke University, MA 2000
Campbell University, JD 2003
North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers; North Carolina Bar Association; American Bar Association.
2003 North Carolina.
Rob Denton, Vice President of Byrd, Byrd, McMahon & Denton, is a family man and military veteran. Some of his many accomplishments include:
- Selected as 2010, 2016, 2017 “Best Attorney of Burke County” by citizens of Burke County.
- Selected in 2010 and 2011 by Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” in the legal profession.
- Alumnus of the Year - 2010, Western Piedmont Community College.
- 2011 “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyer Association.
- Captain in the JAG Corps, 2004-2012
- U.S. Army veteran
- Member, North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals and the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.